CIVILISATION: Development of Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

covid-19 back on the market.

Go down

covid-19 back on the market. Empty covid-19 back on the market.

Post by Onehand Tue 24 Sep 2024 - 11:58

i was a bit behind with my newsletter, but the one by nature has big news, covid 19 is back on the place it started, the animal market of wuhan.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-024-03026-9

i do not make myself the illusion this will be the last bright idea. but it is never a given you find the so called patient zero with certainty, if it is a human one, or an animal.

the only valid reason why you want to know how it got out of the box, is that you can learn a lesson from it in not to keep making the same mistakes next time.

the origine makes the results no different. and it is not even that special, foot and mouth i know at least that twice an outbreak was started in a lab, the last foot and mouth from a british one, the one before in the netherlands from a dutch lab. only it did no longer matter in what you had to deal with. both never got the seal of we are 100% sure about that happened.

a market with living animals for food, is pretty equal to petting zoo's, shows with animals or contests, china is only another place on earth that keep on going on with bringing groups of humans together and very near each other. it is only the contact between so many different organisms that gives a virus a change to step over. most times it would not work well. but when it does and adapt further, human are just the next species that can serve as a host.

virusses are outliers, they do not truly live on their own, at least half of their actions they are dependent of their host.
and the human as a host works maybe best of all, but at least in equal standard to birds and influenza a virus. but the human is by social behaviour and often gifted with being small minded too a great free ride to their next and the next. birds are only equal because they travel large territory by air better. and humans are often very active in the role of spreading the odds too in avian influenza.

as soon as an virus has enough adaption to make use of a human body, it is mostly in the human behaviour what the next step can be. so a one time event where it used a given opportunity it depends on the actions and choices of that human host. patient zero id when that happens not really of interest when it is about origins.

it all will be up to human possible hosts to break that cycle of spreading it around. trying not to get it, and if you get it do not help it spreading around.

Onehand

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum